Chocolate Marmalade Cake
To preserve the creamy frosting, store leftover cake in a cake saver, or cover cake loosely with nonstick foil. The cake keeps well in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 55 Minutes
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 33.7g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 136mg
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Calcium: 53mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray; line bottom of pan with wax paper. Coat wax paper with cooking spray; set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat butter with a mixer at medium speed until creamy; gradually add granulated sugar, beating until fluffy. Add egg and egg white, and beat at medium speed just until blended. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with 3/4 cup milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in orange rind and vanilla.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sharply tap pan once on counter to remove air bubbles. Bake at 350° for 29 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean; cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from pan, and carefully peel off wax paper; cool completely on wire rack.
- Combine powdered sugar and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at low speed just until blended, and stir in orange marmalade.
- Place cake on a plate; spread frosting over top and sides of cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note