We love this cake recipe I have used it for every cake I have made since finding the recipe! Just use a butter cream frosting
Chocolate Marble Sheet Cake
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Mindi Shapiro Levine
More From Southern Living
Other: 1 Hour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- Mocha Frosting
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Beat butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer 4 to 5 minutes or until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.
- 2. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture alternately with half-and-half, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition, stopping to scrape bowl as needed.
- 3. Spoon 1 1/4 cups batter into a 2-qt. bowl, and stir in cocoa, 3 Tbsp. hot water, and remaining 1/4 cup sugar until well blended.
- 4. Spread remaining vanilla batter into a greased and floured 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Spoon chocolate batter onto vanilla batter in pan; gently swirl with a knife or small spatula.
- 5. Bake at 325° for 23 to 28 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Spread top of cake with Mocha Frosting.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts