- Baking spray with flour
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose or cake flour
- 2/3 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain almond milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- calories 219
- fat 7.8 g
- satfat 4.4 g
- monofat 2 g
- polyfat 0.4 g
- protein 4 g
- carbohydrate 34 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 44 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 175 mg
- calcium 73 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 10-inch Bundt cake pan with spray.
Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and 1 cup sugar in a large bowl.
Whisk next 7 ingredients (through vanilla) in another large bowl until blended. Add to the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula until just combined. Transfer 3/4 cup batter to a small bowl and whisk in chocolate, cocoa, and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Pour 3 cups white batter into prepared pan. Dollop chocolate batter over white batter; cover with remaining white batter. Using a knife, swirl batter once in a continuous S-shape around pan.
Bake 55 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; invert onto rack and cool completely.
In a bowl, combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over cake. Serve.