Chocolate Macadamia Torte with Vanilla Port Sauce
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 407
- Calories from fat: 69%
- Protein: 1.8g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 44mg
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- 3/4 pound semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 3 large egg yolks
- Macadamia crust
- Vanilla port sauce
- 1. In the top of a double boiler, combine chocolate, cinnamon, and 3/4 cup cream. Stir over simmering water just until chocolate is melted and smooth. Add egg yolks and whisk over simmering water until mixture reaches 140°. Adjust heat to keep mixture between 140° and 150°, and continue to whisk for 3 minutes. Nest pan in ice water and stir often until mixture is cool, about 15 minutes.
- 2. In a deep bowl with a mixer at high speed, whip remaining cream until it holds distinct peaks. Gently fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture, then pour into cool macadamia crust. Cover airtight (don't let cover touch filling) and chill at least 4 hours or up to 2 days.
- 3. Remove cheesecake pan rim, cut torte into wedges, and accompany with vanilla port sauce to taste.
- Nutritional analysis per serving without sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts