Chocolate-Macadamia Nut Clusters
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 132
- Calories from fat: 67%
- Protein: 1.5g
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 20mg
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- 8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- About 1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted macadamia nuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened flaked dried coconut (4 oz.)
- 1. In a heatproof bowl set over (but not touching) barely simmering water in a pan, stir bittersweet chocolate and 1/4 cup butter often until mixture is melted and smooth.
- 2. In a large bowl, with a mixer on high speed, beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Add chocolate mixture and beat until well blended. Stir in flour and baking powder, then beat just until moistened. Stir in macadamia nuts, chocolate chips, and coconut.
- 3. Drop dough in 1-tablespoon portions about 2 inches apart on buttered 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.
- 4. Bake cookies in a 350° regular or convection oven just until firm on the edges but still soft when pressed in the middle, 8 to 10 minutes; if baking two sheets at once in one oven, switch their positions halfway through baking. Let cookies cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then use a wide spatula to transfer to racks to cool completely.
- Nutritional analysis per cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate-Macadamia Nut Clusters Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts