This elegant torte, which originated in Linz, Austria, boasts a raspberry jam filling encased in a buttery chocolate-almond lattice crust.
Yield: one 11" torte
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups whole natural almonds, toasted and ground
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 (6-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until soft and creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg yolks, beating well.
- Combine flour, salt, and allspice; add to butter mixture alternately with melted chocolate, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in almonds. Divide dough in half.
- Roll half of dough between 2 sheets of wax paper to an 11" circle. Freeze 15 minutes. Press remaining half of dough into an 11" tart pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 5 minutes. Stir jam well and spread over crust. Sprinkle with chocolate morsels.
- Remove top sheet of wax paper from frozen circle of dough; cut into 1/2"-wide strips, using a fluted pastry wheel. Arrange strips in lattice design over torte, sealing ends of strips to prebaked crust.
- Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Serve torte at room temperature with whipped cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This