Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Trinda Gage
Yield: 6 dozen
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 12 (2-ounce) chocolate candy coating squares
- 2 (2-ounce) vanilla candy coating squares (optional)
- Beat first 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; cover. Freeze 2 hours.
- Shape cream cheese mixture into 1-inch balls, and place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet; cover and freeze 1 hour. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes.
- Microwave chocolate candy coating in a 1-quart microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring twice.
- Dip balls into coating; place on wax paper. Let stand until firm.
- Place vanilla coating in a zip-top plastic bag. Seal and submerge coating in warm water until melted. Snip a hole in 1 corner of bag, and drizzle coating over chocolates, if desired.
- Note: A food processor may be used for the first step.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate-Lemon Creams Recipe at a Glance