Chocolate Layer Cake Frosting
Community Recipe from
- 1/3 cup(s) unsweeted cocoa
- 1/3 cup(s) boiling water
- 1 cup(s) butter or margarine softened
- 2 tablespoon(s) confectioners' sugar
- 12 ounce(s) semisweet chocolate melted and cooled
- 1 - In small bowl, combine cocoa and boiling water, stirring until smooth. In large bowl, with mixer at medium-high speed, beat butter and confectioners sugar for 5 minutes or until fluffy. Reduce speed to medium-low; add melted chocolate, then cocoa mixture, beating until smooth and occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. If frosting is too runny, refrigerate until just stiff enough to spread.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by YUMMY80 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Layer Cake Frosting Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings