Chocolate Lavender Tart with Cocoa Matzoh Crust
Community Recipe from
- Chocolate & Matzoh
- 5 oz / about 1 cup Matzoh meal
- 2 T dark cocoa powder
- 3 T honey
- 4 T unsalted pareve margarine, melted (use butter if this not for Passover)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- 5 to 6 sprigs fresh lavender
- 1 T cocoa powder
- 1 T unsalted pareve margarine or butter if this is not for Passover
- Make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a 9" springform pan.
- In a large bowl combine Matzoh meal, cocoa, honey & butter; pour the mixture on the bottom & pat into place until packed tight.
- Bake for 10 mins until fragrant; remove from oven & cool completely.
- Make the filling:
- Meanwhile heat the cream until just boiling; add the lavender; remove from heat; steep for 10 mins; remove & discard the lavender.
- Reheat the cream to a slight boil; reduce the heat to low; add the chocolate; stir until just smooth, about 1-2 mins; remove from heat; stir in the cocoa powder & butter & stir until melted.
- Pour into the prepared crust; cool in the refrigerator for at least 2 hrs or can be made 1-2 days in advance, covered completely.
- To serve:
- Remove from the refrigerator for at least 1 hr before serving. Loosen the sides & cut into thin slices.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NanaElaine and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes