Chocolate Lavender Tart with Cocoa Matzoh Crust
The crunchiness of the crust contrasts wonderfully with the filling's smooth, creamy texture, while the hint of lavender is very subtle & delightful. . . Recipe by Rori Trovato on ivillage.com
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Chocolate & Matzoh
- 5 oz / about 1 cup Matzoh meal
- 2 T dark cocoa powder
- 3 T honey
- 4 T unsalted pareve margarine, melted (use butter if this not for Passover)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- 5 to 6 sprigs fresh lavender
- 1 T cocoa powder
- 1 T unsalted pareve margarine or butter if this is not for Passover
- Make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a 9" springform pan.
- In a large bowl combine Matzoh meal, cocoa, honey & butter; pour the mixture on the bottom & pat into place until packed tight.
- Bake for 10 mins until fragrant; remove from oven & cool completely.
- Make the filling:
- Meanwhile heat the cream until just boiling; add the lavender; remove from heat; steep for 10 mins; remove & discard the lavender.
- Reheat the cream to a slight boil; reduce the heat to low; add the chocolate; stir until just smooth, about 1-2 mins; remove from heat; stir in the cocoa powder & butter & stir until melted.
- Pour into the prepared crust; cool in the refrigerator for at least 2 hrs or can be made 1-2 days in advance, covered completely.
- To serve:
- Remove from the refrigerator for at least 1 hr before serving. Loosen the sides & cut into thin slices.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NanaElaine and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note