Chocolate Kiss Cookies
To make these ever-popular butter cookies, top cookies with a chocolate candy kiss while they're still warm. Buy an extra-large bag of the chocolate kiss candy so you'll have enough to make the cookies!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 5 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 84 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; add powdered and granulated sugars, beating well. Add eggs, oil, vanilla, and lemon juice, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to sugar mixture, beating until blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, and place about 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake, in batches, at 350° for 9 to 11 minutes or until set. (Do not brown.) After baking, immediately place one unwrapped milk chocolate kiss in center of each cookie, and cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note