- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Dash of salt
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 (13-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker piecrust
- Whipped cream (optional)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pecans (optional)
How to Make It
Combine sugar, flour, and salt in a heavy saucepan. Mix well to remove lumps. Add chocolate; stir well. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, to prevent lumps from forming. Add water and egg yolks; stir well.
Cook over low heat 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and stir in marshmallows and butter. Cool slightly. Pour filling into piecrust. Chill 4 hours or until firm. Garnish with whipped cream and pecans, if desired.