Mexican Chocolate Ice-cream Pie
A crisp, over-the-rim graham cracker crust spiked with ground cinnamon and red pepper adds a spicy cowboy kick to this showstopping Mexican Chocolate Ice-cream Pie.
More From Southern Living
Total: 10 Hours, 50 Minutes
- 3 cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 22 whole crackers), divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (4-oz.) semisweet chocolate baking bar, finely chopped
- 1 (3.5-oz.) package roasted glazed pecan pieces
- 1 pt. chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 pt. coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together 2 1/2 cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs and next 2 ingredients; firmly press mixture on bottom and up sides of a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 30 minutes).
- 2. Stir together semisweet chocolate, pecan pieces, and remaining 1/2 cup cinnamon graham cracker crumbs. Reserve 1/2 cup chocolate-pecan mixture to top pie.
- 3. Spread chocolate ice cream in bottom of prepared crust; top with remaining chocolate-pecan mixture. Freeze 30 minutes. Spread coffee ice cream over chocolate mixture. Cover and freeze 8 hours.
- 4. Beat whipping cream and coffee liqueur at medium speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Spread whipped cream mixture over pie; sprinkle with reserved 1/2 cup chocolate-pecan mixture. Cover and freeze 1 hour or until whipped cream is firm. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note