Chocolate-Caramel Ice Cream Cupcakes
Photo: Antonis Achilleos; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Bake: 18 Minutes
Freeze: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 348
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 88mg
- Sodium: 227mg
- 1 15- to 16-oz. box chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients indicated on box
- 1 1/2 quarts caramel ice cream, such as Edy's Caramel Delight or Häagen-Dazs Dulce de Leche
- 4 2.05-oz. caramel-nougat chocolate bars, such as Milky Way, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Chocolate jimmies, optional
- 1. Line 2 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners. Prepare cupcakes using directions on cake mix box. Fill cups halfway. (Discard any leftover batter.) Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from pans and let cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Let ice cream soften slightly in a bowl. Fold in chocolate bars. Cover; freeze 1 hour.
- 3. Level cupcakes with a serrated knife. Put a scoop of ice cream on top of each cupcake; freeze until ice cream firms up but cake is still soft, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Whip cream and sugar until soft peaks form. Put a dollop on top of each cupcake. Drizzle with chocolate syrup; sprinkle with jimmies, if desired.
Also featured in: Celebrations Special, All You, June 2013
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts