These were so AMAZING! Everyone who tried one of these cupcakes loved it...I will definitely be making them again!
Chocolate High Cupcakes
Chocolate High is all about chocolate. We tried to get as much of it as possible into one cupcake. This creation has turned out to be our staff chocoholic's favorite. With nothing but chocolate through and through, it's so beautiful piled high with Chocolate Frosting and Chocolate Ganache.
- Chocolate Cake:
- 1 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups superfine sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose soft-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract
- Paper baking cups
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Chocolate Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-oz.) package powdered sugar
- Chocolate ganache
- Malted milk balls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cocoa and 2 cups boiling water in a large heatproof bowl, stirring until blended and smooth; cool completely. Beat butter with a mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with cocoa mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in chocolate extract.
- Place paper baking cups in 2 (12-cup) muffin pans, and coat with cooking spray; spoon batter into cups, filling two-thirds full. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely.
- To prepare ganache, cook cream in a heavy nonaluminum saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, just until it begins to steam (do not boil); remove from heat. Place chocolate in a glass bowl. Slowly add hot cream to chocolate, beating with a whisk until chocolate melts and mixture is well blended. The mixture will thicken as it cools. Makes about 2 cups.
- Fill each cupcake with Chocolate Ganache. To fill cupcakes, insert the end of a wooden spoon or dowel into the center of the cupcake to make a hole. Fill a zip-top plastic freezer bag with filling. Use scissors or kitchen shears to snip about 1/4 inch from one corner of the bag; insert bag into the hole in the cupcake. Squeeze gently until filling comes to the top of each cupcake.
- To prepare Chocolate Frosting, beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until blended. Beat at high speed 2 minutes or until creamy. Makes 3 cups.
- Frost each cupcake with Chocolate Frosting using metal tip no. 2D. Drizzle each with warm Chocolate Ganache, and top with 1 malted milk ball.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This