This decadent chocolate pie recipe features a buttery walnut crust and a cream cheese-chocolate filling and is topped with whipped cream. You can make the crust and the filling up to 4 days ahead.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 8 (1-ounce) semisweet chocolate squares, melted
- 1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Process first 3 ingredients in a food processor until walnuts are ground, stopping to scrape down sides. Add melted butter, and process until blended. Press mixture firmly onto bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pieplate.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; add 1 2/3 cups powdered sugar, beating until blended. Add chocolate and liqueur, beating until blended. Spoon into crust, and chill 8 hours. Store in refrigerator up to 4 days, if desired.
- Beat whipping cream at medium speed with electric mixer until foamy; add 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread on top of pie just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note