Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 275
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 7.9g
- Carbohydrate: 41.4g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 106mg
- Calcium: 36mg
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts (about 2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cold strong brewed coffee
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 3 large egg whites
- 7 large egg whites
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray, and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons flour.
- Place the hazelnuts in a medium nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat 6 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring frequently. Turn nuts out onto a towel. Roll up towel; rub off skins. Cool. Place hazelnuts in a food processor; process until coarsely ground. Add 3 tablespoons flour; process until finely ground.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine 1 cup granulated sugar and next 6 ingredients (sugar through 3 egg whites) in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add hazelnut mixture, and stir well. Beat 7 egg whites at high speed of a mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold one-third of egg white mixture into cocoa mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture. Spoon into prepared springform pan.
- Bake the torte at 350° for 40 minutes or until set; cool torte on a wire rack. Remove sides of pan. Arrange raspberries on top of torte, and sift powdered sugar over raspberries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate-Hazelnut Torte Recipe at a Glance