- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 3 ounces premium semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup ground toasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon powdered sugar (optional)
- calories 191
- fat 6.8 g
- satfat 2.8 g
- protein 5.1 g
- carbohydrate 30.3 g
- fiber 1.7 g
- cholesterol 53 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 41 mg
- calcium 36 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Coat an 8-inch springform pan with cooking spray, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cocoa; set aside.
Combine chopped chocolate, 1/2 cup sugar, milk, and 1/3 cup cocoa in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat 3 minutes or until chocolate melts, stirring constantly with a whisk. Remove from heat. Gradually add hot chocolate mixture to 2 eggs in a bowl, stirring constantly. Return chocolate mixture to pan.
Place egg whites in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Gently fold one-third of egg white mixture into chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining egg white mixture and hazelnuts. Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Serve with whipped topping. Dust with cocoa and powdered sugar, if desired.
Note: Grind toasted nuts in a food processor.