Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
Our homemade version of Nutella takes just a few minutes to make and has a more intense chocolate flavor than the storebought kind. Try it in the Hazelnut Chocolate Mousse Tart, or slather it on toast.
This recipe goes with Hazelnut Chocolate Mousse Tart
More From Sunset
- Calories: 114
- Calories from fat: 64%
- Protein: 1.9g
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 9.7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 5.9mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 cup raw, skin-on hazelnuts*
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- A few pinches kosher salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Roast hazelnuts on a rimmed baking sheet until light golden, about 18 minutes. Rub the warm nuts in a kitchen towel to remove skins.
- 2. Whirl nuts in a food processor, scraping sides as needed, until it looks like peanut butter. Melt chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently; let cool slightly.
- 3. Add chocolate and remaining ingredients to nuts in food processor and whirl until smooth (some fine nutty bits will remain).
- *Hazelnuts from Oregon--where virtually all the U.S. crop grows--taste much sweeter and fresher than imports. Find them in bulk bins in grocery stores (check the country of origin) and at freddyguys.com, hazelnuthill.com, or yournw.com.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per Tbsp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note