Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 58 minutes; Chill: 1 hour.
Yield: Makes 10 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 346
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 211mg
- Calcium: 78mg
- 1 recipe prepared Perfect Pie Dough
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons turbinado or raw sugar
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup toasted, chopped hazelnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Working with prepared dough, press down edges with floured fork tines, leaving 1-inch between crimping. Freeze 10 minutes or until firm.
- 2. Line bottom of dough with foil; arrange pie weights on foil. Bake in middle of oven 20 minutes or until set. Remove weights and foil; brush edges with egg white, and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Return to oven; bake 8-10 minutes more. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool.
- 3. Turn oven down to 325°. Bring milk, granulated sugar, and salt to a simmer in a pan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate, and let stand 5 minutes. Whisk until melted. Whisk in sour cream, then whisk in egg yolks and vanilla.
- 4. Pour filling into crust, and smooth top with a spatula. Bake in middle of oven 25-35 minutes or until just set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, and chill until firm, at least 1 hour or up to overnight. Top with toasted hazelnuts; slice and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This