You can buy crystallized ginger at your grocery store, I bought mine at Stop N' Shop it was in the produce section in the nut section. If you don't want to crack all the hazelnuts which I found really hard to shell and get the skins off, again you can buy hazelnuts at Stop N' Shop already chopped in the baking section you'll just have to pay a bit more. I really like the recipe, and plan on making it for Christmas gifts for my aunts.
Chocolate Hazelnut Bark
Photo: Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 139
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 15.4g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 5mg
- Calcium: 19mg
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts (about 4 ounces)
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Place hazelnuts on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking. Turn nuts out onto a towel. Roll up towel; rub off skins. Coarsely chop nuts. Combine nuts, cherries, and ginger in a medium bowl.
- 3. Place chocolate in a microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate melts, stirring every 15 seconds. Add to nut mixture, stirring just until combined. Spread mixture evenly on a jelly-roll pan lined with foil; freeze 1 hour. Break into pieces; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Hazelnut Bark Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This