- 5 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread (such as Nutella)
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon canola oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 6.75 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup whole buttermilk
- Baking spray with flour (such as Baker's Joy)
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- calories 193
- fat 9.7 g
- satfat 3 g
- monofat 3.5 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 3.4 g
- carbohydrate 24.6 g
- fiber 1.2 g
- cholesterol 30 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 186 mg
- calcium 28 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine chocolate-hazelnut spread and 1 teaspoon oil in a microwave-safe dish; microwave at HIGH for 30 seconds or until melted. Stir. Combine 3 tablespoons oil, butter, brown sugar, and banana in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium-high speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Beating at low speed, add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to banana mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat just until combined. Scrape half of batter into a 9 x 5-inch metal loaf pan coated with baking spray, and top with chocolate-hazelnut spread mixture. Spread remaining batter over chocolate mixture. Using a wooden pick, swirl batter. Sprinkle batter with hazelnuts.
Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Remove bread; cool on wire rack.
Place bittersweet chocolate in a microwave-safe dish; microwave at high for 30 seconds. Drizzle bread with chocolate; let stand until set.