- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 3 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Special Chocolate Frosting
How to Make It
Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Dissolve soda in buttermilk; add to creamed mixture alternately with flour, beginning and ending with flour. Mix well after each addition. Add chocolate; mix well. Stir in vanilla.
Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until cake tests done. Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely.
Spread Special Chocolate Frosting on top and sides of cake.