Brilliant! I used toasted coconut since I didn't have granola. It was great with coconut. You could use crystallized ginger bites, sprinkles, or anything with a crumb texture. Tasty!
Chocolate-Granola Apple Wedges
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 132
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 1.5g
- Carbohydrate: 23.9g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 22mg
- Calcium: 13mg
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup low-fat granola without raisins
- 1 large Braeburn apple, cut into 16 wedges
- 1. Place chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds, or until chocolate melts.
- 2. Place granola in a shallow dish. Dip apple wedges, skin side up, in chocolate; allow excess chocolate to drip back into bowl. Dredge wedges in granola. Place wedges, chocolate side up, on a large plate. Refrigerate 5 minutes or until set.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note