The brownies were easy to make and delicious. It is best to eat them when they are still hot!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a large saucepan over high heat, stirring constantly, until sugar melts. Add 2 cups chocolate morsels and vanilla extract, stirring until mixture is smooth. Let cool 15 minutes.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt to cooled chocolate mixture, stirring until blended; stir in eggs and chopped pecans until blended. Spread brownie batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 2 cups chocolate morsels evenly over warm brownies, and let stand 5 minutes to soften. Spread over top. Cool on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note