Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) whole milk
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean split and seeds scraped
- 8 ounce(s) granulated sugar
- 10 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 6 ounce(s) sweet dark chocolate chopped
- Place whole milk, heavy cream, and vanilla bean and seeds in a sauce pot and scald. Remove vanilla bean. Whip the granulated sugar and egg yolks to a pale yellow ribbon state. Your sugar and egg yolks should be nice and fluffy.
- Add about 1/2 cup of your scalded cream to your chopped chocolate in a bowl. Stir until melted. Place the bowl over a double boiler and cook custard until it becomes thick and creamy. See Cook's Note.***
- Once custard is cooked, place the bowl over a cold water bath to cool. Gradually add your melted chocolate. Once custard is cool place in an ice cream machine and run as per manufacturer's instructions. Enjoy the love.
- COOK'S NOTE: *** It is recommended that the custard not be heated over 140 degrees F.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JenGor and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Gelato Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Ice Cream/Sherbet