CHOCOLATE FUDGE LAYER CAKE
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 package(s) Baker's Semi-Sweet BAking Chocolate 8 squares, divided
- 1 package(s) chocolate cake mix
- 1 package(s) chocolate instant pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/2 cup(s) oil
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 8 ounce(s) Cool Whip
- 2 tablespoon(s) sliced almonds for garnish
- PREHEAT oven to 350. Grease two 9 inch round baking pans. Chop 2 of the chocolate squares; set aside. Beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil and water in large bowl with mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium 2 min. Stir in chopped chocolate. Pour into prepared pans.
- BAKE 30-35 mins or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 mins and invert onto wire racks. Cool completely.
- Place FROZEN Cool Whip and 6 remaining chocolate squares in microwave, on high for 1.5 mins or until choc is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir after 1 min. Let stand 15 mins to thicken. Ice middle with about 1/4 of the frosting, then spread remaining frosting over entire cake.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JudyArrington and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
CHOCOLATE FUDGE LAYER CAKE Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts