The perfect marriage of chocolaty, fudgey, and decadent, with quick, easy preparation. If you keep the bittersweet chocolate on hand, you can have this rich flourless chocolate cake ready to solve all your problems in no time at all! My husband called this his favorite chocolate cake ever, which kind of hurts, since I make several others that are a lot more effort... I followed the directions to the letter, being careful to not overbake. Be sure to have vanilla ice-cream or whipped-cream on hand, then sprinkle with a little shaved bittersweet chocolate.
Chocolate Fudge Cake
Baked in a pieplate, this not-to-be-missed dessert boasts a super-rich and moist texture.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
Cool: 30 Minutes
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Unsweetened cocoa
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat a 9-inch pieplate with cooking spray, and dust with cocoa.
- 2. Melt chopped chocolate and margarine in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until smooth; whisk in 3/4 cup sugar, whisking until blended.
- 3. Whisk together eggs and vanilla in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in chocolate mixture, whisking until blended. Pour into prepared pieplate.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until edges are dry and center is set. (Do not overbake.) Cool in pieplate on a wire rack 30 minutes or until completely cool. (Cake will fall slightly when removed from oven.) Dust with 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note