Notes: You can make the frosting up to 2 days ahead; cover and chill. Bring to room temperature and stir until creamy and spreadable before using. Spread leftover frosting onto chocolate wafers or graham crackers to make sandwich cookies. Prep and Cook Time: about 20 minutes, plus about 1 1/2 hours to cool.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 67
- Calories from fat: 76%
- Protein: 0.7g
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Carbohydrate: 4.7g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 13mg
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 12 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped, or 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) butter, thickly sliced
- 1. In a 1 1/2- to 2-quart pan over high heat, bring cream and corn syrup to a boil, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 2. Put chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Pour hot cream mixture over chocolate. Let stand about 5 minutes, then stir until smooth. Add butter and stir until melted and mixture is smooth.
- 3. Let frosting cool, stirring occasionally, until thick and spreadable, 2 to 3 hours at room temperature, about 1 1/2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note