- About 2 to 3 cups assorted fruit or berries (such as apples, pears, bananas, pineapples, strawberries, and dried apricots), cut into bite-size pieces
- Angel food cake or pound cake, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract or other flavor extract, such as almond or peppermint
How to Make It
Arrange the fruit and cake on a platter with fondue forks or skewers.
In a fondue pot on the stove, heat the half-and-half over medium high heat and bring to a gentle boil. Add the chocolate pieces a bit at a time and stir until melted and smooth, then stir in the vanilla.
Transfer the pot to the table and keep warm over a very low Sterno or candle flame.
How kids can help: Arrange dipping ingredients on a platter; older kids can cut up soft fruit, such as bananas and strawberries, and the cake with a plastic knife.