Chocolate-Filled Red Velvet Cupcakes
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) milk chocolate pieces
- 1/4 cup(s) cream whipped
- 1/4 cup(s) butter plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 whole(s) egg
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) red food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vinegar
- Raspberry preserves (optional)
- 1 - For filling, in small saucepan combine chocolate pieces, cream, and 1 tablespoon butter. Stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Transfer to small bowl; cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and freeze about 1 hour, until fudgelike consistency. Divide filling into 12 portions. Working quickly with hands, roll each portion in a ball. Place in freezer.
- 2 - Meanwhile, let 1/4 cup butter and egg stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper bake cups. In small bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- 3 - In medium mixing bowl beat the 1/4 cup softened butter with mixer on medium to high for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar; beat on medium until combined. Beat on medium 2 minutes more, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg, food coloring, and vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk, beating on low after each addition just until combined. In small bowl combine baking soda and vinegar; stir into batter.
- 4 - Divide half the batter among prepared cups. Place a ball of filling on batter in center of each cup. Spoon remaining batter into cups.
- 5 - Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Remove from oven. Cool 10 minutes. Serve warm topped with raspberry preserves.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by YUMMY80 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note