Chocolate-Espresso Pots de Crème
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 4 Hours
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, cut into chunks (we tested with Scharffen Berger)
- Garnishes: unsweetened whipped cream, lavender
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients in top of a double boiler; add chocolate. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, whisking constantly, 24 minutes or until mixture reaches 160° (mixture will be moderately thickened).
- Remove from heat. Spoon chocolate into demitasse cups, chocolate pots, or 4- or 6-ounce ramekins. Cover and chill at least 4 hours. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: Demitasse cups or chocolate pots will yield smaller servings than ramekins, which is a good option for such a rich dessert.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts