These truffles are expensive to make - special coffee was $4.28; good chocolate at least $2.50; not to mention the ingredients for the pound cake. You also have to make buttercream frosting but I bought a can instead for the sake of time. The truffles are too soft and the coffee flavor too strong. Traditional truffles are much better and I would not waste my time on these again. The batch is now in the garbage....
Chocolate-Espresso Pound Cake Truffles
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
- 1/2 Million Dollar Pound Cake
- 1 (3-oz.) semisweet chocolate baking bar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 single-serve packet from a 0.93-oz. package of ready-brew Colombian medium-roast instant coffee (such as Starbuck's VIA)
- 1/3 cup Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Dutch process cocoa
- Crumble half of Million Dollar Pound Cake into a large bowl. Microwave chocolate baking bar and cream in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Stir in instant coffee. Stir Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and chocolate mixture into cake until mixture holds its shape. Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll each truffle in cocoa 2 times.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts