Milk Chocolate and Earl Grey Budino
Photo: Con Poulos
Budino is the Italian word for "pudding." This luxe version calls for creamy milk chocolate.
More From Food & Wine
Total: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- 3 ounces milk chocolate, coarsely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons Earl Grey tea leaves
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- Candied orange peel, chopped; for garnish (optional)
- Coarse sea salt, for garnish
- In a medium heatproof bowl, combine the 3 ounces of chopped chocolate with the butter. Sift the cornstarch and cocoa powder into a medium saucepan. Whisk in the granulated sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the tea. Whisk in the milk. Bring to a boil over moderate heat and cook, whisking constantly, until very thick, about 2 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve over the chocolate. Let stand for 30 seconds, then whisk until smooth. Spoon the mixture into six 1-cup ramekins. Press plastic wrap directly on the surface of the puddings and let cool, then refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
- In a mortar or spice grinder, pulverize the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of tea. In a bowl, whip the cream with the confectioners' sugar to soft peaks. Sift in the powdered tea, and whip the cream until firm. Top the puddings with the whipped cream. Garnish with chopped chocolate, candied orange peel and a small pinch of sea salt and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This