Chocolate Dipping Sauce
More From Southern Living
- 6 (1.55-ounce) milk chocolate bars, chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan. Stir in cream. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, just until chocolate is melted.
- Whisk 1/2 cup warm chocolate mixture into egg yolk in a small bowl; add to remaining warm chocolate mixture. Increase heat to medium-low, and cook 20 minutes, whisking constantly, just until sauce comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour into a serving bowl.
- Note: Leftover sauce can be refrigerated and served as pudding.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This