Wonderful. Adults and kids gave rave reviews. No, it is certainly not low fat, but wonderful for an occasional treat! Would definately make it again
Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Fingers
These shortbread cookies have a double dose of chocolate and are the perfect pickup party bites.
Yield: 8 Servings
Cost per Serving: $.65
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 446
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 17g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Sodium: 41mg
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 (packed) cup brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 3/4 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugars and salt for about 1 minute. Beat in vanilla. Reduce speed and add flour in 3 additions, beating just until blended. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Transfer dough to an ungreased 13-by-9-inch baking pan. Press dough evenly on bottom of pan with your fingers. Bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes; do not underbake. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut shortbread in pan, lengthwise and crosswise into quarters, then lengthwise into 32 rectangles. Let cool in pan.
- Melt remaining chocolate and oil in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring, until smooth. Dip half of each cookie into chocolate; place on wax paper. Let stand until chocolate is set. (Cookies may be made up to 4 days ahead and stored, tightly wrapped, at room temperature.)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts