Chocolate-Dipped Orange Cookies
More From Southern Living
Chill: 1 Hour
Bake: 12 Minutes
Cool: 3 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (6-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
- 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted (optional)
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted (optional)
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating well. Stir in orange rind and extract. Gradually add flour, beating well. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Divide dough in half. Cover and chill 1 portion. Divide remaining portion into 24 pieces; shape each piece into a 2 1/2- x 1/2-inch log on a lightly floured surface. Repeat procedure with reserved portion. Place cookies on baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350° for 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 3 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dip tips of cookies in melted chocolate, and if desired, chopped nuts or coconut. Place on wire racks; let stand until firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note