- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Beat eggs until thick and lemon colored in a small mixing bowl. Add next 4 ingredients; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup butter, egg yolk, and water; beat until light and fluffy. Add flour, baking powder, and 1 teaspoon sugar; mix well. Press mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate morsels over crust. Return to oven for 1 minute. Remove from oven, and spread melted chocolate evenly over crust using a spatula.
- Pour reserved egg mixture over chocolate, spreading evenly. Return to oven, and bake an additional 35 minutes. Cool and cut into 1 1/2-inch squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note