Ii use gluten-free flour mixture with this recipe and it is fantastic! I also used small muffin tins in place of ramekins.
Photography: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 315
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 52.1g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 13.4mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 140mg
- Calcium: 27mg
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg white
- 8 teaspoons semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly coat 4 (2-ounce) ramekins with cooking spray, and sprinkle 3/4 teaspoon sugar into each of the ramekins, shaking and turning to coat. Set prepared ramekins aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, milk, and cocoa in a small saucepan, stirring well with a whisk. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook 30 seconds or until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add the butter and 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate. Stir until the chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Cool chocolate mixture 10 minutes.
- Add flour, vanilla, salt, and egg white to chocolate mixture, stirring with a whisk just until blended. Spoon 2 tablespoons chocolate mixture into each prepared ramekin, and top each with 2 teaspoons chocolate chips. Divide the remaining chocolate mixture evenly among ramekins, spreading to cover the chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until barely set. Cool for 10 minutes. Invert onto dessert plates. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note