Chocolate Custard Sauce with Cake and Raspberries
Like a trifle without the fuss, the cake soaks up the sauce and fresh fruit gives it a kick. Prep Time: 15 minutes.
Yield: Makes about 4 cups; enough for 10 cake servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 172
- Calories from fat: 64%
- Protein: 3.8g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 6.8g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 35mg
- Cholesterol: 103mg
- About 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 cups chilled Chocolate Crème Anglaise
- Vanilla or chocolate pound cake, angel food cake, or butter cake, cut into slices
- Raspberries or other fresh fruit
- 1. In a bowl, whisk 3/4 cup milk into crème anglaise. Mixture should be thin enough to pour and have the consistency of corn syrup or thick maple syrup. If needed, add more milk, 1/4 cup at a time, until you reach the consistency you like.
- 2. Arrange a piece of cake on each plate and drizzle with sauce. Top with fruit.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/3 cup of sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note