This is outstanding, just be sure to read ENTIRE recipe, including the hi-lighted recipe. Chocolate is good anytime! Chocolate & cream cheese in a breakfast recipe??? To die for! What an excuse to eat chocolate in the am, & have it taste GREAT!
Chocolate-Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Yield: Makes 2 (9-inch) cakes (about 24 servings)
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut up
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- Chocolate Velvet Cake Batter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Stir together 1 1/3 cups flour and brown sugar in a small bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly; stir in pecans. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; add granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon flour, beating until blended. Add egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, beating until blended.
- Spoon Chocolate Velvet Cake Batter evenly into 2 greased and floured 9-inch springform pans. Dollop cream cheese mixture evenly over cake batter, and gently swirl through cake batter with a knife. Sprinkle reserved pecan mixture evenly over cake batter.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Drizzle evenly over tops of coffee cakes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings