This trail mix makes a large quantity, but it can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week. It's delicious as a topping for low-fat yogurt or ice cream.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 232
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 40.2g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 144mg
- Calcium: 22mg
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup crispy wheat cereal squares
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 300°.
- 2. Line a jelly-roll pan with parchment paper. Coat parchment with cooking spray.
- 3. Combine oats and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine honey and canola oil in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat 2 minutes or until warm. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and chocolate, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Gently stir chocolate mixture into oat mixture.
- 4. Spread chocolate mixture onto prepared pan. Bake at 300° for 28 minutes, stirring twice. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Stir in cranberries. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Young Chefs can:
- Pour measured oats, cereal, and nuts into bowl
- Measure dried cranberries
- Older Chefs can:
- Measure oats, cereal, brown sugar, and pecans
- Spread chocolate-oat mixture onto pan
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Snacks