Chocolate Crackle Cookies
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- Powdered sugar
- BEAT shortening, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in cooled chocolate and eggs.
- STIR together flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to shortening mixture alternately with milk. Stir in nuts, if desired. Cover and chill about 3 hours or overnight.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in powdered sugar to coat completely. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 13 to 15 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Crackle Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies
More Recipes Like This