Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 8 whole fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold into batter. Fold in strawberries.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Beat in butter and milk until smooth. Beat in vanilla.
- Spread frosting over bottom cake layer; top with sliced strawberries. Top with remaining cake layer; frost top and sides of cake. Dip whole strawberries into frosting; arrange around and on top of cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts