Dark Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
More From Health
- Calories: 87
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 26mg
- Calcium: 15mg
- 4 ounces dark chocolate (60% to 70%), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup lightly salted roasted pistachios, finely chopped
- 12 large strawberries, preferably long-stemmed
- 1. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. (Do not let water boil or bowl touch water.) Cook, stirring occasionally, until chocolate has melted. Carefully remove bowl and let chocolate cool for 5 minutes. Place pistachios in a small bowl.
- 2. One at a time, hold a strawberry by stem and dip into chocolate, coating about two-thirds; allow excess to drip off. Immediately dip into pistachios. Set strawberries in 1 layer on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, about 10 minutes.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note