Two layers of rich chocolate surround luscious cherry filling and almond-flavored cream cheese in a pie so decadent and delicious, you won't be able to pass it up.
All You FEBRUARY 2005
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Microwave chocolate morsels and cream in a glass bowl on medium for 1 to 2 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt. Whisk in butter until smooth. Let cool, whisking occasionally, for 5 to 10 minutes or until mixture is a spreadable consistency.
2. Spoon half of chocolate mixture into pie-crust. Cover and chill remaining chocolate mixture. Spoon cherry pie filling evenly over chocolate mixture in pie-crust. Place pie on a baking sheet; set aside.
3. Beat together cream cheese, sugar, egg and almond extract at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour evenly over cherry pie filling. (The pie shell will be full, but it will not overflow when you bake it.)
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until center is set. Remove pie from oven and cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill for 8 hours.
5. Microwave reserved chocolate mixture at medium power for 1 minute. Stir until spreadable. Dip cherries in chocolate mixture and let them firm up on a sheet of wax paper for 15 minutes before decorating pie.
6. Spread remaining chocolate evenly over top of pie. Spoon 8 dollops of whipped topping around outer edge; place 2 cherries in each dollop.
Go to full version of