Good Recipe!! Be sure to get a good quality chocolate covered cherry...I tried several different kinds and liked the ones with the creamy center instead of the liquid center
Chocolate-Covered Cherry Cookies
More From Oxmoor House
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 (17.5-ounce) package chocolate chip cookie mix (we tested with Betty Crocker)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 42 assorted chocolate-covered cherries (we tested with Russell Stover hand-dipped Cherry Cordials)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons cherry liqueur or maraschino cherry juice
- Beat butter and shortening in a large bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; add egg, beating until blended.
- Combine cookie mix and cocoa; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Shape dough into 1" balls. Place balls 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool 2 minutes. Gently press 1 cherry candy in center of each cookie. Cool completely on baking sheets; transfer to wire racks.
- Combine powdered sugar and liqueur in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. (Glaze should be thick, yet easy to drizzle.) Place glaze in a small zip-top plastic bag. Snip a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag. Drizzle glaze over cookies. Let stand until set.
- Note: Depending on the size candy box you buy, you may need two boxes for these cookies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts