Good Recipe!! Be sure to get a good quality chocolate covered cherry...I tried several different kinds and liked the ones with the creamy center instead of the liquid center
Chocolate-Covered Cherry Cookies
Place these cookies in candy cups, and give them in a gift box.
Yield: 3 1/2 dozen
More From Oxmoor House
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 (17.5-ounce) package chocolate chip cookie mix (we tested with Betty Crocker)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 42 assorted chocolate-covered cherries (we tested with Russell Stover hand-dipped Cherry Cordials)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons cherry liqueur or maraschino cherry juice
- Beat butter and shortening in a large bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; add egg, beating until blended.
- Combine cookie mix and cocoa; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Shape dough into 1" balls. Place balls 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool 2 minutes. Gently press 1 cherry candy in center of each cookie. Cool completely on baking sheets; transfer to wire racks.
- Combine powdered sugar and liqueur in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. (Glaze should be thick, yet easy to drizzle.) Place glaze in a small zip-top plastic bag. Snip a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag. Drizzle glaze over cookies. Let stand until set.
- Note: Depending on the size candy box you buy, you may need two boxes for these cookies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note