Chocolate Covered Cherries
Community Recipe from
- 16 ounce(s) jar of marashino cherries with stems
- 10 ounce(s) jar of marashino cherries with stems
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 2 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 12 ounce(s) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- Drain 50 cherries in a colander; pat dry on paper towels
- Combine butter, syrup and salt mixing well
- You may add ½ t. almond extract
- Stir in powdered sugar; mix.
- On a piece of Saran kneed the dough until smooth; wrap in Saran
- Wrap a small amount of dough around each cherry and place on a Saran or waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
- Chill cherries and dough for a short while.
- Combine chocolate and shortening in top of double boiler; melt
- I microwave for 1 minute and stir and then micro for another minute and stir.
- Dip each wrapped cherry into chocolate mixture
- I set the bowl in a pan of hot water as I work.
- I use a teaspoon and dip & ladle the chocolate over the cherries
- Remove and store cherries in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChristyR93 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Covered Cherries Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Candy
More Recipes for Main Dishes