Photo: Charles Walton; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons cherry liqueur
- 2 (10-ounce) jars maraschino cherries with stems, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) package semisweet chocolate squares
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating well. Add milk and liqueur, beating until blended.
- Shape sugar mixture around cherries, coating completely, and place on wax paper.
- Microwave chocolate squares and shortening in a 2-cup glass measuring cup at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring twice.
- Dip coated cherries by stems into chocolate mixture, allowing excess to drip; place on wax paper. Let stand until firm. Store loosely covered in a cool place 1 week or until centers soften.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate-Covered Cherries Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts