Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches
Sweet cream filling between 2 chewy chocolate cookies - sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) shortening
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1/3 cup(s) Hershey's Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- Creme Filling
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter softened
- 2 tablespoon(s) shortening
- 1/2 cup(s) marshmallow creme
- 2/3 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the shortening, sugar, egg and vanilla together until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Add the powdered mixture to the shortening mixture alternately with the milk, beating until well blended.
- Spoon mixture onto baking sheets, and bake at 350 for 10 minutes, rotating baking sheets at 5 minutes. Remove from baking sheets and let cool on wire racks.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ingredients for the filling. When cookies are completely cooled, spread cream mixture between 2 cookies. Store in an airtight container.
- For some tasty alternatives, crush pieces of your favorite candy (Butterfinger, peppermints, toffee pieces, M&M's, mini chocolate chips, sprinkles) and roll creme edge of cookie into it, or even add it to the mixture itself. You could also flavor or color the creme.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tinkerbell88 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note