Chocolate Cookie Bites
Serve these bite-size treats with homemade Vanilla Ice Cream or your favorite vanilla ice cream.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 21 Minutes
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring once halfway through baking time.
- 3. Beat 1 cup powdered sugar and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add milk and vanilla, beating until blended.
- 4. Combine flour, cocoa, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in pecans.
- 5. Shape dough into 1-inch balls, and place 1 1/2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- 6. Bake at 400° for 11 to 13 minutes or until tops of cookies just begin to crack. Cool on baking sheets 3 minutes. Remove to wire racks; dust with remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Cool 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note